Federal consistency refers to the requirement in Section 307 of the Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA) that certain specified federal actions be consistent with approved state coastal management programs.
Under the federal Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended, all Federal agencies are required to conduct their planning, management, development, and regulatory activities in a manner consistent with federally-approved state and territorial coastal zone management programs.
The Division of Coastal Resources Management reviews federal agency activities for compliance with the CNMI’s coastal management program. If you have any questions about DCRM’s federal consistency process, please contact Richard Salas at FedCon@dcrm.gov.mp.
Guide to Federal Consistency
PowerPoint on Federal Consistency
Public Notices – Projects Under Review
- 4/17/2019: Public Notice for Tinian Airport Perimeter Fence Replacement Project
- 4/17/2019: Public Notice for Commonwealth Utilities Corporation Water and Wastewater System Improvement Project
- 4/12/2019: Public Notice for Proposed Purchase and Installation of Transitional Homes.
- 4/10/2019: Public Notice for Proposed Rulemaking on Western and Central Pacific Fisheries for Highly Migratory Species. NOAA-NMFS.
- 4/10/2019: Public Notice for Bigeye Tuna Catch Limits and Allocation Catch Limits for Pelagic Longline Fisheries in US Pacific Island Territories. A draft environmental assessment is also available. NOAA-NMFS.
Public Notices – Updates to Regulations
- 03/01/2019: Public Notice for OCM’s Response to 9/18/2018 Routine Program Change Request
- 09/18/2018: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request (revised from 08/29/2018)
- 08/29/2018: Public Notice for OCM’s Response to 4/18/2018 Routine Program Change Request and new Routine Program Change Request
- 04/18/2018: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request
- 12/02/2015: Public Notice on OCM’s Response to Routine Program Change Request
- 10/13/2015: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request
- 05/28/2015: Public Notice on OCM’s Response to Routine Program Change Request
- 04/03/2015: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request
- 09/15/2014: Incorporation of Current Water Quality Regulations to Coastal Management Program
- 09/10/2014: Approved Changes to the CNMI’s Coastal Management Program