Federal consistency refers to the requirement in Section 307 of the Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA) that certain specified federal actions be consistent with approved state coastal management programs.
Under the federal Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended, all Federal agencies are required to conduct their planning, management, development, and regulatory activities in a manner consistent with federally-approved state and territorial coastal zone management programs.
The Division of Coastal Resources Management reviews federal agency activities for compliance with the CNMI’s coastal management program. If you have any questions about DCRM’s federal consistency process, please contact FedCon@dcrm.gov.mp.
Guide to Federal Consistency
PowerPoint on Federal Consistency
Public Notices – Projects Under Review
- 3/19/2020: Public Notice for use of Expendable Bathythermographs (XBTs) in CNMI. NOAA-Office of Coast Survey
- 3/3/2020: Public Notice for Temporary Construction of Seabee Expeditionary Camp in Tinian and the proposed location. DOD-Navy
- 2/28/20: Public Notice for Temporary Installation of One Tide Buoy in Two Locations in CNMI. NOAA-Office of Coast Survey
- 1/16/20: Public Notice for the NOAA-NMFS Draft Programmatic Agreement. NOAA-NMFS
- 1/16/20: Public Notice for proposed Hydrographic Survey, Drone Operation, and Coral Reef Surveys. NOAA-NMFS
- 1/6/2020: Public Notice for the Draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement. NOAA-CRCP.
- 1/6/2020: Public Notice for the Marianas Islands Training and Testing (MITT) Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS). More information about this consistency determination can be accessed here. DoD-Navy.
- 12/13/2019: Public Notice for Repair and Construction of Private Homes on Saipan and Tinian within Coastal Areas of Particular Concern under Permanent Housing Construction Program. FEMA.
- 12/2/2019: Public Notice for Proposed annual catch limit and accountability measure for bottomfish in the CNMI. NMFS
Public Notices – Updates to Regulations
- 03/01/2019: Public Notice for OCM’s Response to 9/18/2018 Routine Program Change Request
- 09/18/2018: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request (revised from 08/29/2018)
- 08/29/2018: Public Notice for OCM’s Response to 4/18/2018 Routine Program Change Request and new Routine Program Change Request
- 04/18/2018: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request
- 12/02/2015: Public Notice on OCM’s Response to Routine Program Change Request
- 10/13/2015: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request
- 05/28/2015: Public Notice on OCM’s Response to Routine Program Change Request
- 04/03/2015: Public Notice for Routine Program Change Request
- 09/15/2014: Incorporation of Current Water Quality Regulations to Coastal Management Program
- 09/10/2014: Approved Changes to the CNMI’s Coastal Management Program